Compensation and Benefits Officer
Compensation and Benefits Officer
- 1 Vacancy
- 126 Views
Employee typeFull Time
- Ensure APHRC’s compensation practices are compliant with our policies and labor laws and regulations.
- Conduct and or participate in salary and benefits surveys for benchmarking.
- Coordinate job evaluation and salary structure processes.
Staff Contracts Management
- Maintain and update a database of contract expiry dates and advise Line Managers for further direction and action.
- Timely preparation and issuance of employment and consultancy contracts.
- Provide timely updates to employees on their contract status.
- Follow up and coordinate various employee lifecycle actions – promotion, re-assignment and separation.
External and Internal Audit Support
- Prepare and share necessary documents required during audits.
- Track audit reports, lead the HR team in developing action points and follow up the implementation of the audit recommendations.
Administration of Pension, Medical, Group Life Assurance and Group Personal Accident Schemes
- Maintain an up-to-date insurance coverage for employees: medical, pension, WIBA/GPA and/or GLA.
- Focal person for benefits orientation, timely enrolment and deletion of staff onto the relevant schemes, and facilitation of claims reimbursements.
- Provide timely support to staff and dependents to ensure they access benefits and maintain an up to date records on usage.
- Regular engagement with the insurance service providers to ensure provision of quality service.
Employee Assistance Program
- Develop coordinated and consistent approaches that strengthen staff representation mechanisms for staff engagement.
- Identify and assess issues related to duty of care, including physical, mental health and safety of APHRC’s workforce.
- Promote effective communication with employees and key stakeholders to build positive relationships, employee involvement, and commitment.
- Create platforms for both formal and informal counselling on areas of concern for staff.
- Promote work/life integration.
Employee Learning and Development
- Manage a training plan that details required training that is delivered within the agreed/specific timescales and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported.
- Facilitate staff training as may be required.
- Work with the Research and Related Capacity Strengthening function to coordinate training programs, workshops, and other learning opportunities for employees.
- Participate in assessments of staff training and development needs.
- Evaluate and report on learning and development programs and their effectiveness, and submit proposals for their improvement, as necessary.
- Process staff development requests and ensure the implementation of identified staff development activities.
Teambuilding- Organization wide
- Coordinate staff wellness and engagement initiatives e.g. welfare association, staff retreats, team building and meetings, wellness activities.
- Participate in employee engagement action planning and interventions with the aim of improving morale, team cohesion, learning and development and other prioritized areas.
- Establish a team-building mechanism and activities to foster openness, trust and cooperation.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelors in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or Higher Diploma in Human Resource.
- Professional certification in Human Resources Management/membership with IHRM.
- At least 6 years’ post-qualification relevant work experience, preferably in an INGO.
- Demonstrable knowledge of compensation practices and principles.
- In depth knowledge of Kenya labor laws.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Familiarity with any Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) software.
- Experience developing dashboards and using data visualization tools preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and have a flexible work attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical information to employees at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet strict deadlines
Nairobi, Nairobi City, Kenya
IndustryLegal & Professional Services
2 months ago