Information Network Officer
Information Network Officer
- 1 Vacancy
- 58 Views
Employee typeFull Time
- Plan and oversee the management of the portfolio of project and operational activities, ensuring that project and operational activities are carried out in a timely fashion and within the agreed budget.
- Manage, guide and develop staff under his/her supervision, enhance teamwork and communication among staff and maintain the high reputation as a client oriented service provider.
- Develop, document, promulgate and promote consistent adherence to high-quality application and end-user IT standards by technical staff and end-users in UN-Habitat.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and determine the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies; provide leadership on introducing technological change, contribute to the development and internal marketing to senior management and overall Information Strategy of the organization.
- Oversee the renewal of desktop computers of UN-Habitat staff, ensuring that the correct equipment is procured and deployed on time and that the process is in line with UN replacement and technical standards.
- Carry out server administration for UN-Habitat's public website and Intranet web servers and undertake the configuration, administration, operation, technical support and monitoring of the organization's Microsoft web servers. This includes deploying new applications on the servers, database administration and mirroring, backup, and security issues.
- As IT focal point, liaise regularly with UNON/ITS to ensure efficient and reliable operations of the IT infrastructure and proper implementation of the Service Level Agreement, and represent UN-Habitat at Technical Review Group and other inter-agency meetings that impact on campus wide strategy, systems and procedures.
- Prepare technical and user documentation, including user requirements, system design and testing documents, IT policies and standards, and operating procedures for staff.
- Plan and coordinate major web based , database projects and events which normally involve the use of consultants and typically impact large or multiple user groups. This covers new systems and modifications to existing systems and entails overseeing development, implementation and management of event applications, carrying out systems analyses, feasibility studies, requirements specification, producing and monitoring project plans, testing systems against performance measures and liaising with users during all phases of development and implementation.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- PROFESSIONALISM : Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in systems analysis, database design and programming. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to include proficiency in the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity. Knowledge of interactive systems; good knowledge of organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s); independently maintains assigned systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems. The ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING & ORGANIZING : Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with Microsoft servers, web-based systems and/or systems analysis is required.
- Experience at the national or international level is required.
- Experience in event management is required.
- Practical experience in the areas of Microsoft servers, database administration and/or managing application web-based development projects is required.
- Experience in management of IT staff and consultants is required.
- Experience in general administration is desirable.
- Experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Nairobi, Nairobi City, Kenya
IndustryIT & Software
2 months ago
19 Oct, 2023