- 1 Vacancy
- 209 Views
Employee typeFull Time
Our client, a leading financial and health insurance company seeks to bring on board an Underwriting Analyst. The role will be responsible for assisting in the risk Management through assessing the eligibility of applicants to obtain medical cover, Scheme performance analysis, proposal of appropriate renewal terms and scheme Administration for those already on medical cover within the set standards of service.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Keep detailed and accurate records of health business policies underwritten and decisions made (both in medcare and in physical files).
- Assist in underwriting health insurance risks
- Carry out scheme performance analysist and propose appropriate renewal terms
- Participate in preparation of quotations within set standards
- Prepare policy documents, endorsements debits and credit notes
- Dispatch policy documents, new business and renewal debits and endorsements within the set time frames.
- Assist in renewal of policies in the system within the set time frame.
- Attend to correspondence and client queries (both written and by phne) within the set time frames.
- Attend to correspondence and client queries within set timelines
- Prepare reports as may be required from time to time.
- Debt management at business entry point and renewal in line with the credit policy.
- Implementation of policy suspension and policy cancellations
- Liaison with the other departmental and company functions to ensure smooth delivery of services to insured clients
- Implementation of TCF
- Provider liaison to ensure that all providers have updated scheme and membership records
- Reconciliation of smart applications and medware records to ensure data consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or business related discipline.
- Progress towards Diploma in Insurance (ACII, or AIIK), (at least three papers or equivalent).
- 2 years’ experience in insurance industry
- Customer, market an competitor understanding
- Knowledge of insurance industry and concepts
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of medical underwriting processes, procedures and concepts
- Negotiation skills
- Business management skills
- Excellent analytical skiils
- Excellent organizational and stakeholders management skills
- Result driven
- Adapting and responding to change
- Planning and organization
- Presenting and communicating information
- Persuading and influencing
- Interpersonal skills
- Adherence to principles and values